Been a slow but busy process trying to get the slab on grade final elevation finished to getting the vapour barrier on the slab. My uncle Wheatbags came and helped for the hottest weekend we've had running since the project started. It was only 33C but I was sure feeling it, and definitely getting a little testy. Installed the mini-wall forms between the garage and the utility room. Dad poured concrete the next day.
The final elevation work took a lot longer than expected.... the built in concrete drain boxes in the garage are taking much much longer than expected. We probably should have just went with pre-made units but that's hindsight I guess. Dad has been dealing with those while I've been at work and we've been focusing on tubing.
Radon Guard went in pretty smooth but overall we weren't impressed with the quality. Andrea's folks were here to help with that. There was enough shipping damage from strapping I would have sent some pieces back. The sides that were cut poorly at factory needed to be cleaned up with a razor blade before installation. Honestly, for the amount we paid for the material I would give it a 2/5 rating with the only two stars going to "easier than working on compacted drain rock".
Was nice to have another familiar face out for the day... buddy from work Donny Masters showed up in true style with a box of donuts and litres of coffee to help install the garage insulation the build the garage floor drain insulation boxes.
Vapour barrier and WWM went in like a breeze. Norm P had some great side cutter pliers which made cutting pretty easy. Pieces were all cut and fit in less than a day.
Installing the 10M rebar in the garage was quite a chore. Overall it wasn't bad. Dad, Norm and I had it all done in one long day with everything else going on.
Dad and I have been plunking away for a few days on the in floor PEX tubing installation. He's been busy sucking up rainwater on the poly for hours and hours during the day and we've been laying tube after my work hours. We have made pretty good progress in a few nights... we are averaging one 200ft run in about 30 minutes. We made a pex uncoiler out of a lazy susan to help pick up speed! We have 26 runs to do in total so it won't be too bad. My mom is coming up this week to help around the house and the build so hopefully things will keep bustling on!




No comments:
Post a Comment